Prompt: In “I, Too,” the speaker expresses pride in his identity and his rightful place in America. Reflect on your own life: What aspect of your cultural identity are you most proud of, and why?

Prompt Response: Considering I'm white, I really don't have any culture. But if I were to think, I would consider my family's Christmas traditions a part of my culture. Around Christmas time, as a family, we decorate the Christmas tree and the house. I feel like this tradition lets us bond and feel more together, considering we don't do much as a family because of my brother's baseball. We also drive around drinking my mom's fresh, homemade hot chocolate while admiring the Christmas lights. Although these traditions are cliché, I look forward to them every year as they bring my family closer.

Summary: In class today, we read a poem about what it is to be considered an American. After that, we started working on our cultural identity masks.

Reflection: I learned about other students' cultural traditions that I didn't know about.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prompt: Describe a real moment in your life that felt like the beginning of a powerful story. Tell what happened, and why it felt like a turning point in your life?

Prompt: As the first semester comes to an end, take time to reflect on your learning and growth in this course. In a well-developed response, explain what you enjoyed most about the class, identify the project or assignment you found most engaging, and discuss which aspect of the course you connected with the most (such as poetry, fiction, writing, or discussion). Finally, reflect on one area where you feel you need additional support or improvement as we move into the spring semester.

Prompt: In 2–3 well-developed sentences, reflect on how you spent your Holiday Break. Then, identify four personal you would like to achieve this year and briefly explain why each goal is important to you (Copy and paste your completed response from Writable into your blog).